EqMARSTM helps Colleges, Universities, Companies, and Non-Profit Organizations save valuable time & resources and reduces loss or theft of assets by managing equipment pool information and equipment reservations or assignments. It also manages equipment rentals. Do you manage one of these offices?
College or University:
- School of Media Arts, School of Art, School of Visual Communication
- Office of Instructional Technology
- Office of Instructional Resource Development
- College / University IT Department
- TV Station, or News Production Company
- Information Technology Department – IT Asset Management
- Demo equipment pool for sales representatives
- Lab equipment asset management
- Musical Instruments Rentals
Contact us for to request a live demo of EqMARS and start the process of migrating to a better system.
- They may choose to loan the equipment not only to students, staff, and faculty, but also to community organizations
- The high turn-over of students
- With the increased number of departments and borrowers, the percentage of lost and overdue equipment increases
If you face one or more of these needs and challenges, EqMARS can help you:
- I would like students and faculty to reserve equipment ahead of time
- I need a secure process to handle walk-ins for equipment checkout
- Need to reduce the overhead of tracking equipment
- I need automatic reminders be sent to users when the items are due for return
- Need to reduce or eliminate equipment loss or theft
- I need to produce reports such as: Asset report (how much do we have?), Asset usage report (what are the high-usage items?), user report (who checked out our equipment?), etc..
Non-Profit Educational Organization
These have a special challenge in that they need to organize events, as well as lend equipment to individuals or other organizations to conduct their community educational activities. They manage typical IT equipment which are used in the following settings:
- Art projects – usually off-site
- Training sessions
- Laptops, Tablets
- Cell Phones, Smart Phones, Cameras
- Projectors and other equipment
The challenge is in tracking assignment of these assets to their employees and Sales Reps and knowing who has what. In some companies, IT Department also manages equipment checkouts for outside projects, or equipment placed at public locations such as:
- ATM Machines
- Kiosks at Airport
- Vending Machines
- Construction Equipment used at Client Site
Manufacturer / R&D Department
Every company that has a quality inspection department and/or R&D department will have a variety of tools and equipment that need period calibration and may also be assigned to engineers or inspectors for open-ended or specific durations:
- Calipers, Electronic
- Calipers, Manual
- Micrometer, Height Gages, Indicators, Probes
- CMMs, Comparators, etc..
- MTS and similar test Machines for static and fatigue
Rental companies have a large amount of work when they manage the full rental cycle: Reservations, Check-out, Check-in, Inspection, Warehousing. This need is similar to a university usage, but with the rental fee – and must be managed using software.
Let EqMARS help you manage your Equipment Rental Business
EqMARSTM addresses all these challenges and needs with easy equipment tracking, equipment inventory management, and enables borrowers to reserve or request equipment, reminds borrowers of approaching due times, and helps the administrators , conduct maintenance or upgrades. The history tracking feature enables administrators to perform complete audit trail, and produce reports for senior management. EqMARS is web-based, therefore it is accessible from any internet-enabled device.
Our Customers come from a diverse world, and therefore they have many titles, but one thing groups them: You are responsible for assets! Here is a sample of customers:
Multimedia Specialist, Professor of Art, Director of Student Computing Services, IT Officer, Technical Specialist, Camera Operator/Gear Manager, Info Tech Professor, Technical Director, Director- Educational Technology Laboratory, Manager of TV Station, Media Technician, IT technician, Material Control Analyst, Studio Manager, Studio Head, COO, Media Services Technician, Equipment and Stage Manager, Teacher, Producer, Applications Engineering Manager, Instructional Technologist, Media Arts Technical Coordinator.